Community Water Access & Infrastructure Development Project
Suits: Agricultural, Engineering, Environment & Urban Planning Volunteers
- Who: Work with a rural not-for-profit community group and village chiefs focusing on bringing clean water and sanitation to local families. You will work collaboratively in small teams alongside local staff to review existing water and sanitation facilities and consider alternate designs, using a Human Centred Design focus. You will then be involved developing and contributing to; budget development, material choices, construction of new facilities, evaluation of project and education for local community members.
- What: You will assist local staff in the development and implementation of access to clean water for personal use and irrigation of crops, along with the installation of safe hygiene facilities such as toilets.
- Where: Rural Hoa Binh, West of Hanoi, Vietnam.
- Support: Work under the supervision of a Vietnamese Professional Engineer and local staff. University/College students may accrue up to 160 Professional Practicum/Work Experience Hours.
- 27th June 2020 to 25th July 2020 (4 weeks)
- 23rd November 2020 to 21st December 2020 (4 weeks)
- Applications Now Open! To apply, go to the "Apply Now" Button below
- For more details on itinerary, inclusions and exclusions etc. Click on the "More Info" Button below
- Duration: 4 weeks
- Suitable for: Engineering, Environment, Urban Planning & Architecture University/College students who have completed at least the 1st year of their studies by the time the program starts. Also open to Professionals.
- Group Size: Max. 12 participants (need minimum 6 participants to run)
- Placement Fees:
- 4 weeks: $3299 USD
- Applications Close:
- At least 8 weeks prior to departure - unless booked out prior to this date
- You MUST have a valid passport at time of application (to allow sufficient time for visa processing)
More info... Apply Now