Engineering/Environment/Urban Planning Placement
- Who: Work with a rural not-for-profit community group and village chiefs focusing on bringing clean water and sanitation to local families. You will work collaboratively in small teams alongside local staff to review existing water and sanitation facilities and consider alternate designs, using a human centred design focus. You will then consider; budget and appropriate materials, and be involved in construction of new facilities. An evaluation phase will include discussions with local villagers and give you an opportunity to provide education for local community members. This project will be overseen by a Vietnamese Engineer and local staff.
- What: Assist local staff in the development and implementation of access to clean water for personal use and irrigation of crops, along with the installation of safe hygiene facilities such as toilets.
- Where: Rural Hoa Binh, West of Hanoi, Vietnam.
- 28th June 2019 to July 26th 2019 (4 weeks)
- 6th December 2019 to 4th January 2020 (4 weeks)
- Accrue 160 Log Book/work Experience Hours
- Applications close 28th April 2019 for our June/July placement!
- Duration: 4 weeks
- Suitable for: Engineering, Environment & Urban Planning university or college students who have completed at least the first year of their studies by the time the program starts. Also open to Professionals.
- Group size: Max. 12 participants
- Placement Fees:
- $3165 USD
- Click on "More Info" for inclusions
- Applications close: 6 weeks prior to departure (unless booked out prior to this date)
More info... Apply Now