- Who: Attend a week long training intensive at the Bali Appropriate Technology Institute and learn about hydraulic ram pumps, rain water catchment, under and above ground ferro cement tanks, sanitary systems, micro hydro power plants, hand built water pumps and bio-gas conversion. Then put your training into practice as you spend three weeks working with a rural not-for-profit community group and village chiefs focusing on bringing clean water and safe hygiene and sanitation to local families. We will conclude with a visit to the Civil Engineering Department of the University of Udayana, Bali, where you will meet fellow Engineering students.
- What: You will work collaboratively, in small teams, alongside local staff to review existing access to water and sanitation facilities at a local village school, and a small village, using a human centred design focus. We plan to be involved in the construction of water tans so students can flush the toilet during the dry season, and implementing a small dam, simple water filter and a pipeline of 1.2 km to enhance access to water for a small village. You will focus on: planning, design, budget, material choice, construction and evaluation. Develop and deliver education and training on basic principles of water hygiene to ensure sustainability of the project. You will be supervised by an Australian or Indonesian engineer and experienced local staff.
- Where: Rural Bali, 2 hours north of Kuta, Indonesia
- 29 December 2019 to 25th January 2020 (1 month)
- 29 December 2019 to 22nd February 2020 (2 months)
- Students may accrue between 160 and 320 Professional Practicum/Work Experience Hours
- Applications are now open!!
- Duration: 1 to 2 months
- Suitable for: Engineering, Environment, Urban Planning, Architecture university or college students who have completed at least first year. Also open to Professionals.
- Group size: Max. 12 participants
- Placement Fees:
- 1 month: $3453 USD
- 2 months: $4172 USD
- Click on "More Info" to see inclusions
- Applications close:
- 6 weeks prior to departure (unless booked out prior to this date)
- You must have a valid passport at time of application (to allow us time to complete all visa requirements)
More info... Apply Now