Water Access Technology Project & Sustainable Principles Workshop
Suits: Architecture, Engineering, Environment & Urban Planning Volunteers
- Who: Attend a 1 week Sustainable Principles Training Workshop in Bali, learning about sustainable and renewable energies. Get hands on experience with: hydraulic ram pumps, rain water catchment, under and above ground ferro cement tanks, sanitary systems, micro hydro power plants, hand built water pumps and bio-gas conversion. Then put your training into practice and 3 three weeks working with a rural not-for-profit community group and focusing on bringing clean water and safe hygiene and sanitation to local families. Also take the opportunity to visit and tour the Civil Engineering Department of the University of Udayana, Bali, where you will meet fellow Engineering students and staff and share your experiences with them.
- What: You will work collaboratively, in small teams, to review existing access to water, and sanitation facilities, at a local village in Bali, using a Human Centred Design focus. Your project will be dependent on village needs, but may encompass: the construction of water filtration systems, moving water from one village to another, design and construction of sanitation facilities, introduction of hydro or solar electric schemes etc. You will work in your group to project manage, plan, design, budget, choose and procure materials, construct and evaluate the project. Develop and deliver education and training on basic principles of water hygiene to ensure sustainability of the project.
- Where: Rural Bali, 2 hours north of Kuta, Indonesia
- Support: This project will be overseen by an Australian Professional Engineer and local staff. University/College students may accrue between 120 to 320 Professional Practicum/Work Experience Hours.
- GROUP 1
- 27th June 2020 to 18th July 2020 (3 weeks) - mixed group
- 27th June 2020 to 25th July 2020 (4 weeks) - mixed group
- GROUP 2
- 23rd November 2020 to 13th December 2020 (3 weeks) - FEMALE ONLY, accompanied by an Australian Female Engineering Supervisor
- 23rd November 2020 to 20th December 2020 (4 weeks) - FEMALE ONLY, accompanied by an Australian Female Engineering Supervisor
- 23rd November 2020 to 17th January 2021 (8 weeks) - FEMALE ONLY, accompanied by an Australian Female Engineering Supervisor
- GROUP 3
- 22nd January 2021 to 12th February 2021 (3 weeks) - mixed group
- 22nd January 2021 to 19th February 2021 (4 weeks) - mixed group
- Applications Now Open! To apply, Click on the "Apply Now" Button below
- For more details on itinerary, inclusions, exclusions etc. Click on the "More Info" Button below
- GROUP 1
- Suitable For: Domestic and International Students from Engineering, Environment, Urban Planning, Architecture. University/College students who have completed at least first year are welcome to apply. Also open to Professionals from these fields.
- Group size: Min. 6 and Max. 12 participants
- Placement Fees:
- 3 weeks $3399 USD
- 4 weeks $3599 USD
- 8 weeks $4399 USD
- Applications Close:
- Strictly 8 weeks prior to departure (unless booked out prior to this date)
- You MUST have a valid passport at time of application (to allow us time to complete all visa requirements)
More info... Apply Now