Water Access Technology Project & Sustainable Principles Workshop
- Who: Attend a week long training intensive learning about sustainable and renewable energies at the Bali Appropriate Technology Institute. Get hands on experience with: hydraulic ram pumps, rain water catchment, under and above ground ferro cement tanks, sanitary systems, micro hydro power plants, hand built water pumps and bio-gas conversion. Then put your training into practice as you spend three weeks working with a rural not-for-profit community group and village chiefs focusing on bringing clean water and safe hygiene and sanitation to local families. We will conclude with a visit to the Civil Engineering Department of the University of Udayana, Bali, where you will meet fellow Engineering students.
- What: You will work collaboratively, in small teams, alongside local staff to review existing access to water and sanitation facilities at a local village in east Bali near Amed, using a human centred design focus. We plan to be involved in the construction of water filtration systems, moving water from one village to another, considering introduction of hydro electric schemes. You will work in your group to: project manage, plan, design, budget, choose and procure materials, construct and evaluate the project. Develop and deliver education and training on basic principles of water hygiene to ensure sustainability of the project. You will be supervised by an Australian Engineer and experienced local staff.
- Where: Rural Bali, 2 hours north of Kuta, Indonesia
- Group 1 - 29 December 2019 to 25th January 2020 (1 month) Open to everyone
- Group 2 - 25 January 2020 to 22nd February 2020 (1 month) FEMALE ONLY, accompanied by a qualified Australian Female Engineering Supervisor
- Students will accrue a minimum of 160 Professional Practicum/Work Experience Hours
- Applications now closed. Watch this space for new program dates for 2020
- Duration: 1 month
- Suitable for: Domestic and International Students from Engineering, Environment, Urban Planning, Architecture university or college students who have completed at least first year. Also open to Professionals from these fields.
- Group size: Min. 5 and Max. 10 participants
- Placement Fees:
- 1 month: $3399 USD
- Click on "More Info" to see inclusions
- Applications close:
- Group 1 - Applications now closed
- Group 2 - 30 November 2019 (8 weeks prior to departure) - (unless booked out prior to this date)
- You must have a valid passport at time of application (to allow us time to complete all visa requirements)
More info... Apply Now