- Who: Attend a week long training intensive at the Bali Appropriate Technology Institute and learn about hydraulic ram pumps, rain water catchment, under and above ground ferro cement tanks, sanitary systems, micro hydro power plants, hand built water pumps and bio-gas conversion. Then put your training into practice as you spend three weeks working with a rural not-for-profit community group and village chiefs focusing on bringing clean water and safe hygiene and sanitation to local families. We will conclude with a visit to the Civil Engineering Department of the University of Udayana, Bali, where you will meet fellow Engineering students.
- What: You will work collaboratively, in small teams, alongside local staff to review existing access to water and sanitation facilities at a local village school, and a small village, using a human centred design focus. We plan to be involved in the construction of water tans so students can flush the toilet during the dry season, and implementing a small dam, simple water filter and a pipeline of 1.2 km to enhance access to water for a small village. You will focus on: planning, design, budget, material choice, construction and evaluation. Develop and deliver education and training on basic principles of water hygiene to ensure sustainability of the project. You will be supervised by an Australian or Indonesian engineer and experienced local staff.
- Where: Rural Bali, 2 hours north of Kuta, Indonesia
- 28th June to 26th July 2019 (4 weeks)
- 6th December 2019 to 4th January 2020 (4 weeks)
- 3rd January 2020 to 1st February 2020 (4 weeks)
- Accrue up to 320 Category 1 Professional Practicum/Work Experience Hours
- Applications Open Now!
- Duration: 4 to 8 weeks (available on request)
- Suitable for: Engineering or Environment and Urban Planning university or college students who have completed at least first year. Also open to Professionals.
- Group size: Max. 12 participants
- Placement Fees:
- 4 weeks: $3453 USD
- 8 weeks: $4172 USD
- Click on "More Info" to see inclusions
- Applications close: 6 weeks prior to departure (unless booked out prior to this date)
More info... Apply Now